Christie's Comments

This will basically be used as a comment section in regards to political things happening in the world, and general thoughts.

Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Something to look forward to

I have finally found something that I enjoy and look forward to doing on a weekly basis. I have been taking group lessons in ballroom dancing. I have been learning things like East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Salsa, among others. I never thought there was that many styles of dancing. It is relatively cheap and the class is pretty balanced between male and female. In fact, I have a pretty steady partner. My partner is always there and has the patience of a saint considering my slow learning of the different steps. I don't know how many times he has had to whisper the steps so I could remember what beat we were on. We had our holiday party last night and on quite a rare occassion I danced with others. Another person I danced with had abrupt moves and seemed real tense however we got the cha-cha down pretty good. I was so comfortable with the steps that it became fun and I actually perspired a little. Imagine that, I wasn't even exercising, I was having fun. I was having so much fun I didn't want to leave. I kept stalling and my regular partner kept bringing me back out on the floor. I didn't get home until 11:00 pm. I can't wait until next week. We will be working on the Waltz-one of the styles I need to work on. Just a thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger In His Steps said...

My husband and I took ballroom dancing a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. One thing I learned that was most important, was how to FOLLOW!! I was always trying to lead.
Gee, that is something that I need to remind myself in my Christian walk too....to FOLLOW and not LEAD. Sorry, I couldn't resist the application lesson.
Happy New Year!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home