Christie's Comments

This will basically be used as a comment section in regards to political things happening in the world, and general thoughts.

Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Relationships with unbelievers

Kim, in Canada, this is especially for you. I was reading in my personal devotions yesterday about relationships with unbelievers. I was reading in 1 Corinthians 7 or 8 about how if one person is in a relationship with someone who is not a believer that the unbeliever is sanctified by the believer. What does that mean? Does that mean the unbeliever is now saved through the believer or is their action protected by the believer's grace? What jumped out at me the most is the key word sanctified and the result of sanctification. If anyone has thoughts please feel free to expound on this a little more for the little less knowledged. Thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger In His Steps said...

I have studied this many times over the years. From what I gather, the "marriage" is sanctified due to the believers salvation. My husband may be under the santification of our marriage but unless he surrenders his life to Christ, he is not "saved". I also believe that he is "targeted" for salvation. What I mean by this is that as I continue to pray for his salvation, that is God's will. When we pray God's will in the name of Christ, it will be given. I believe that my husband will give his life to Christ, someday. That is not dependant upon me but upon his choice. Sadly, he may not do that until his last moment on earth. If that is the case, he will have missed out on many of the joys and blessings he could have received.

5:32 PM  
Blogger JCMasterpiece said...

Well, it sounds like Kim has this pretty well covered. That's some good insight into the process.

7:10 AM  
Blogger In His Steps said...

Another thing I have learned is "God doesn't need my help, just my obedience" when it comes to my hubby's salvation.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home