Christie's Comments

This will basically be used as a comment section in regards to political things happening in the world, and general thoughts.

Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

Monday, September 12, 2005

Coming Home

It is nice to be home in New York again. I have had the opportunity to spend time with my family, namely my cousin. It has been great helping him move and get situated in his new apartment at grad school. I am so proud of what he is doing. I should probably tell him. It has also been nice with my Aunt and Uncle out of town. It is like I have my own house again. I have been cleaning, renting videos I like, and just not being worried about things that I think others would be worried about. I am starting my life over but I have family to spend time with and essentially be my guaranteed friends, who for the most part understand me and speak the same culture. I can be a little sarcastic/joker without people becoming overly offended by anything I said. Employment is slowly working its way. I have a 2nd interview tomorrow for a Mental Health Group Home working with the mentally disabled. This is an okay job. I would be paid hourly and have some mixed up hours. I also have a 1st interview with Hillside of Agencies. This is a salaried position basically being a preventative counselor. I intercept a family and help the parents develop parenting skills to prevent their children from being taken from them by Child protective services. This is an ideal job for me. I refuse to do counseling to children because I am too afraid I would get mad at the parents for messing up the kids. Well, this is an opportunity for me to work with the parents to help them not mess up the kids. It is also the better paying job including a paid cell phone, laptop, and a milage stipend. I am trusting God to put me in the best position. I hope it is the second one. Not just because of the pay but also because I feel God's putting me in a position to work with families. My ultimate goal is to work with families to help them to be more functional and to make a life better for themselves. Hillside would be a good start to do that. For all of you who pray, please pray for me as I do those interviews tomorrow. If I have good news I am sure I will blog it. Signing off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Josh go to Hillside?

1:23 PM  
Blogger JCMasterpiece said...

Wow, so if your job would be trying to help parents not screw up their kids, and i'm trying to help screwed up kids learn how not to be so screwed up like their parents taught them, then it would be your job to put me out of a job. It's a good thing were in completely different states! ;-)

10:16 PM  
Blogger In His Steps said...

It will be amazing to see what God is going to do in your life now Christie.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home