Christie's Comments

This will basically be used as a comment section in regards to political things happening in the world, and general thoughts.

Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Music

My life has been literally turned upsided down and I am still trying to deal with it. As I have been putting my cubicle together my next door neighbor reminds me of how grief and loss affect every part of your life. As I thought about that I realize how right she is. I specifically have had a lot of loss. I have lost a relationship, a home, a life, and anything I could depend on. I have to start over and it is not fun. I have to redefine my life and what it is that I want to put into it through the use of my time. I get to decide, without feelings of guilt or obligation, what I want to do as I live my life here in the real world. As I was looking at my past normalcy struggling with trying to find something of my previous life I could hold onto as an anchor to my new life, today I found it, it wasn't lost but for some reason I was. That normalcy was God, my beliefs. Although my church here is not the same as the church I had in my previous life, God is the same. My question became how can I access the God I knew in my last life to my life now. My anchor during hard times has always been comfort in Christian music. Well there are not a lot of good comtemporary Christian radio stations where I live however, Thank God, the radio station I loved in Texas is also on the internet. I have my connection again, that need for peace and love through music. It is just a start to my new life and it is still scary but it is one anchor I know I can hear and feel God through reminding me that he is with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger JCMasterpiece said...

Supposedly there is a KLOVE station there in Rochester. It has a lot of good music. That's what i usually listen to down here, but if i want preaching/teaching i have to go AM. Also, the Family Life Network should have a station that reaches into Rochester. It tends to have more teaching/preaching but a lot less music (at least that was the case when i left).

Either way though they both are/will be this week doing their fall share-a-thons.

12:39 PM  
Blogger In His Steps said...

I haven't been keeping up on the blogs lately Christie and I'm glad I checked in today. Back in 1989 I went through a similar experience as you have described along with my two-year-old. One big difference, I didn't have the Lord in my life at that time, even though I can look back now and see that He was holding me. Cling to Him draw from His strength. You are certainly not alone. It sounds like you have an awesome support from family as well. He has such a precious plan for your life and cries the tears that you cry in your sorrow. Remember, you are the daughter of the King!
I will keep you in my prayers.
Kim

5:31 PM  
Blogger In His Steps said...

BTW, I'm not sure if you can get that station in Erie PA or not. It is LIFE FM, 106.3. It has a similar format to KLOVE. I live in Southern Ontario so we get that one as well as WDCX out of Buffalo 99.5, but it is mostly Christian talk radio with some music.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home