Christie's Comments

This will basically be used as a comment section in regards to political things happening in the world, and general thoughts.

Name:
Location: Rochester, New York, United States

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How about my timing?

Some days I am extremely motivated. I have so many things to do and not enough time to do it in. Some days I do not want to lift a finger, I struggle to get things done. I just want to do nothing. I think everyone has these kinds of days. How do you get through these I don't want to do anything days? I find as I start to get into the swing of things my motivation starts to come back. However, at times, like now I am discouraged. Here I go into my pity party. I graduated in May of this year. I sent out my resume before I even graduated hoping to have something by the time I graduated. I guess it wasn't God's timing. Well, what is God's timing? It is coming into the end of July and I still have no work. I am volunteering at the shelter I did my internship at and love it but, it is not full time, I am not being paid, and at this rate I will not have the necessary hours to get my licence in 3 years. What am I doing wrong? I am getting to the point of throwing away a thought of a licence and just trying to get a job. My husband and I spent two days this weekend putting together a KSA, revamping my resume, and creating a new cover letter to fulfull a Federal job as a Readjustment Counseling Therapist in NY, NY. I hate the cold. I feel more desperate than I want to be. I want to be in Texas, where it is warm-here it is, I want. I want, whatever happend to what God wants and God's timing? If I want to live according to God's purpose for me I have to be willing to bend and be uncomfortable. God has plans for me. 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11. I wish I can see those plans, that future and hope that God has given me so abundantly. I want it now, not later and in my timing, not God's. I am fighting with the thoughts that God is in control, not me.

2 Comments:

Blogger JCMasterpiece said...

Boy oh boy do i know that feeling. Give it time and wait. If you're really getting frustrated, stop, wait, pray, fast, and just spend some time with the Lord. You would be surprised at what that will do. Just be ready for the unexpected.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christie... sorry to hear things have been so frustrating for you lately. I totally understand about being frustrated with God's timing versus our timing. It is a big issue with me too quite often. Things really do end up working out in HIS timing at the right moment and then you can look back and understand why it happened that way.
On a side note... I know where you could apply for a job :) We could always use more familiy in this area. They are pretty much always looking for therapists here and it is warm (ok hot) like Texas here too. Plus you could be around your brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and sister!! Just an idea... we can give you more info about the job when you are here next weekend (looking forward to seeing you) or you can give us a call. Take care.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home